Do bariatric surgeries are 100% effective?

It's only fair to share...Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on TwitterPin on Pinterest0Share on Tumblr0

7280272-varios-cirujanos-que-rodean-el-paciente-sobre-la-mesa-de-operaci-n-durante-su-trabajo¿Cured in all cases?

Who want to undergo bariatric surgery have placed all their hopes to not only lose weight but to improve their quality of life. Therefore, you might wonder if bariatric surgery is effective 100% and if cured in all cases.

There are different types of surgeries for weight loss, whether of gastric bypass, gastric balloon endobarrier or, among others. Each of these variants has its advantages and disadvantages, and can be adapted to the needs of those who need to lose a lot of weight and treating risk factors such as diabetes or dyslipidemia.

Nevertheless, perhaps one of the most common questions is whether these surgeries are 100% effective and cures in all cases.

Do bariatric surgeries are 100% effective?

Technically not 100% effective, but this is due to surgery for obesity is surgery which acts on the functioning of certain organs of the digestive system and not on the anatomy of the same, such as gall bladder surgery or appendix.

Being a functional surgery, results vary from person to person. Even the results may depend on other factors. Two persons who undergo surgery same, different results may be obtained. Why does this occur?

This is because not all patients are adapted to the operation in the same way. There are patients who cooperate and others even can boycott the results.

For this reason, it has been established that about 75% of the operated patients get positive and favorable results. While the remaining 25% does not mean that all poor performers, but lose less weight than expected. 75% of people with weight loss surgery lose 50% of initial weight, there is a percentage that a staggering 30 to 40%.

Not all people lose weight in the same manner and at the same time, so it is important to be cautious with the figures only serve statistical purposes. While in practice there may be many variants as persons to undergo such surgery.

Therefore, you do not feel bad if you have not achieved the expected results. No way you can lose hope in such treatment, focus on your body, in your treatment, your diet, your physical activity, rather than on what happens to other people.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

*